Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Final Stretch

Can I make it? WOW! It's really getting tough. Much tougher than I thought it would be. However, in spite of the intensity, and the chronic mental and physical fatigue, I had a wonderful experience teaching my first class this week. The only glitch was that I got stuck in the middle of sun salutations and couldn't remember what came next. Oh well, at least I had a very forgiving group of students. I get another opportunity on Sunday.

Today we have another free day so a few of us headed to the beach for a bit of a much needed break. Sometimes I just feel like I can't keep going, but the support from the other students really drives me to keep pushing. Such a wonderful group of practitioners. I've started getting up a bit earlier as well, to do more practice. My crazy elephant like mind is all over the place sometimes, so I feel more and more compelled to spend time on my meditation cushion. It's absolutely essential and has become quite a treasure to me.

Our highlight of the week was doing Kriyas yesterday. Kriyas are yogi cleansing exercises that basically involve washing your nose out with warm water, sticking a tube up your nose and pulling it out of your mouth, and then swallowing as much salt water as you can until you throw up. Sounds fun, huh. You should have witnessed the scene at the lake. 180 people coughing up snot and puking all over the place . It was really crazy and I must say, amusing. Needless to say, a day at the beach today was totally in order.

So much to process and no time to do it really. So I will have to wait until the course is over next Saturday before I can really share the depth of this experience.

Until then.

Namaste.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

"sticking a tube up your nose and pulling it out of your mouth, and then swallowing as much salt water as you can until you throw up" Oh yeah-sign me up!
Really though Tim, this latest post has inspired me to spend more time on the cushion. Just when you begin to think it's become a chore you read something like that and remember that it's not a chore, it's a blessing. Thank you

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing person!!!!