Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Time

Having spent the past 2 weeks driving through Northern California and the Oregon Coast, I have realized that the gift I have been given is time.  So often we don’t do things in life due to the lack of it.  We are bound to jobs or families that make indulgence in this wonderful gift impossible.  In addition, having a little money left over from India is enabling me to continue living out my dreams.  Traveling to new places and having extended visits with old friends. Nothing could be richer. It has added such sweetness to this incredible year.

I was invited by a dear friend to visit Portland. “You must move here” I was told. So I decided if that was the case, I should at least visit for awhile and play with the idea. I set out 2 weeks ago and drove through the amazing California redwoods, and the spectacular Oregon coast.  It was wonderfully therapeutic for me as I was able to spend so much time alone driving through the spectacular scenery.  I hardly even listened to music. I was so captivated by the magnificence of what I was seeing.  The trees, the beach, the mountains all so majestic. They command reverence. I think that’s why I didn’t want to listen to anything that would distract me. I just wanted to be present and enjoy my present…time. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim,

Glad to hear that you're enjoying life. When you're ready, come back to Japan and we'll hang at a Zen monastery together. I found a good mountain top where we can feel the spirit. I've been in Tokyo for a month studying for an English teaching certification. Cheers!

Jasper